Experiencing a breakout is horrible and stressful. Nobody feels comfortable having to go to work, going out in public, or spending time with a boyfriend or girlfriend when your face is not looking its best. A breakout can be even more devastating when you are looking forward to a special event and only have a limited amount of time to get the problem under control.
If you have broken out and are in panic mode, all is not lost. There are definitely ways that you can minimise damage and get your face back to looking how you want it to look. Keep reading to find out how to get rid of acne in a week.
- How To Avoid Making Your Acne Worse
- How To Adjust Your Diet To Recover From Acne Faster
- What Over-The-Counter Treatments Help To Get Of Acne?
- Natural Remedies To Help Get Rid Of Acne In A Week
How To Avoid Making Your Acne Worse
Sometimes it is hard to know what we are doing wrong when we experience acne that is so persistent that all of our attempts to get rid of it only seem to be making the problem worse. Your acne may not be getting worse due to what you are doing to help your self, you could in fact be unknowingly exacerbating the problem by engaging in one of the activities below.
Stop Picking Or Touching Your Face
When you have had a breakout we are subconsciously aware of our pimples, and we can often find ourselves touching them or picking at them without even realising that we are doing it! In fact it can take some real restraint to recognise what we are doing and when, and resist the urge to continue.Unfortunately this is one of the main activities that cause acne to spread. Picking at your skin leads to lesions becoming more inflamed, spreading more infection, and potentially even leading to scarring. If you want to get rid of your acne in a week it is really important that you try to leave your face alone during the day.
Don’t Over-Cleanse Your Skin
When your skin is feeling irritated and you are breaking out it is common to feel like it is the result of poor hygiene. This often leads to people overdoing the heavy cleansing in an attempt to counteract the perceived cause.Washing too heavily can actually irritate your skin further though. When your skin become inflamed the existing acne becomes all the more noticeable. It also increases the risk of infection.Gentle washing twice a day using an acne cleanser or just mild soap should be enough to do the job of cleaning your face of dirt and oil so that your pores remain unclogged and your skin has the chance to heal. With this regime you will be well on your way to getting rid of your acne in a week.
Try To Reduce Stress
Stress isn’t an actual cause of acne, but the hormones released when you experience stress are linked to the worsening of your symptoms. So stressing out about your acne could in fact be contributing to making it worse. If your aim is to get rid of acne in a week, you need to stop thinking about it!
The best thing is to accept it for what it is and recognise your limitations. Do what you can do to help yourself, and then don’t think about it anymore. Reducing stress will not only help your acne, but it will help you to focus on other things in your life.
Switch To Oil Free Products
When your hair follicles get clogged up with dirt, skin cells and oil, it can lead to acne. It makes sense to avoid adding more oil to your face when you are trying to free up your pores from oil in the first place.Take a look at the products you use because many of them can be heavy in oil. Makeup, sunscreen and hair products are all culprits. If you want to get rid of acne in a week, you might need to go shopping!Opt instead for water based or mineral based makeup. Look out for the term “noncomedogenic” when choosing sunscreen. And go for natural brands of hair products. While they might be more expensive, they are worth the extra money, and your hair will benefit too.
How To Adjust Your Diet To Recover From Acne Faster
Certain types of food often trigger acne breakouts. These foods can also make your acne worse, so you should try to avoid them anyway. If you want fast results commitment is key. Do checkout this link to know different types of acne.
So take a look at these diet adjustment suggestions and come up with an action plan to detox to help you to get rid of your acne in a week.
Cut the following foods out of your diet completely for a week:
- Dairy & Carbs – The carbs you want to focus on cutting out are processed flours and sugars. You should replace these with whole grains, fruit and veggies.
- Sugar – The main thing to cut out is chocolate, sweets and cake. You should also be aware of other ways that you consume sugar though, for instance in hot drinks like hot chocolates or lattes with added syrups and sugar, fizzy drinks and juices.
- Greasy Food – Avoid all fast food options because they are smothered in grease that could be contributing to your acne. If you can the oil out of your cooking, go for it! Also be aware that if you work in a greasy environment just as a fast food kitchen that the oil and grease could be sticking to your skin, blocking hair follicles, and adding to the problem.
What Over-The-Counter Treatments Help To Get Of Acne?
When choosing medications in your local pharmacy or superstore the main thing is to be on the lookout for certain ingredients. If you use medication that doesn’t contain ingredients that specifically target acne, then it is simply not going to work, especially if you want to get rid of acne in a week.
It is important to do your research before you go shopping so that you don’t waste your money and time on products that will do nothing to help your acne. Keep a list of the following ingredients with you so that you know what to look for when you go shopping for your medications:
- Benzoyl peroxide – This ingredient not only removes the dead skin cells that clog pores, but it also kills the bacteria that cause acne.
- Salicylic acid – This is essentially a preventative agent, making it a great product for your long-term skincare routine. If you are looking for fast results or to end a short-term breakout it won’t be much use to you. It works by ensuring that pores remain unclogged.
- Glycolic acid & Lactic acid – These are often referred to as alpha hydroxyl acids or AHAs. They work by removed dead skin cells and reducing inflammation. Products that contain these ingredients are very effective for fast short-term cures.
- Sulfur – Works in a similar way to AHAs. Look out for this ingredient too if you are after fast results.
Cure Your Acne the
Natural Remedies To Help Get Rid Of Acne In A Week
Natural treatments can also be effective in treating acne. Sometimes all we want to do is stay away from harsh chemicals and let our skin breath. What better way to spend your week than detoxing from all the chemicals and opting instead for some of these natural ingredients.
If you are looking for some natural alternative treatments and remedies to help you get your acne under control without the use of chemicals here are some great guidelines.
Keep your eye open for creams that contain this ingredient. Bovine Cartilage is found in cows. It is a substance that provides structural support to the bones of the cow. Surprisingly, when extracted, it can be a powerful and fast-working cure for acne. Applying a cream that contains 5% Bovine Cartilage twice daily will give you optimal results.
Green Tea Extract
It isn’t difficult to find lotions that contain green tea extract. It is essentially a herbal derivative of green tea leaves and is very effective in treating acne. This treatment works best for adolescents suffering with mild acne. Look for products that contain at least 2% green tea extract.
This is a very popular ingredient and is found in small amounts across a wide range of skin and hair care products. Aloe Vera is a plant species and can be extremely effective in the treatment of acne. You can acquire the gel straight from the centre of the plant leaves. You should aim to mix 50% of the gel with a conventional acne drug for best results.
Some essential oils have antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can be helpful in treating acne fast. They are definitely worth a try! Remember to only apply them topically. You could also try using Tree oil to cure acne.
Your quick guide to essentially oils for acne:
- Rosemary & Oregano – Not just great tasting herbs to use in your cooking, the essential oils of these herbs have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. If you can’t find the essential oils themselves, as they are more rare than the others, you can use the kitchen spices instead. Simply dilute half a teaspoon of dried herbs with water.
- Lavender, Thyme & Calendula – Use these for their antibacterial properties to cleanse the face, helping to get rid of blemished more quickly.
- Spearmint or Peppermint – The menthol has antiseptic properties. Just dilute with a quart of water and apply to the face.